Rules & Regulations
Please act responsibly and respect our facilities and your fellow players at all times.
• No jumping or climbing on nets.
• No food or drinks permitted on courts.
• No smoking within 5 metres of all doorways.
Game fees must be paid before your game. It is the captains responsibility to collect the money off all the team members and make payment at the front counter. If your team is short of players, the full match payment must still be paid. Once we have received your game payment, we will then issue you with a game token or Players bibs. This token must be presented to the umpire or referee before the game starts to confirm your team’s payment. The umpire or referee will not start the game until both teams have given him/her a token.
If it is absolutely necessary for your team to pay a short payment, it must be paid the following week before your game starts. If the short payment is not paid, your team will be fined (-5) competition points.
Forfeiting a Game
When you nominate a team to play in one of our competitions, you are then obligated to play and pay for every round. If your team must forfeit any competition round, a forfeit fee of one game payment must be paid. This payment is due when you play your following game. If your team forfeits on the day of the game, a double forfeit fee (2 game payments) must be paid. This payment is due when you play your following game.
Team Playing Card and Finals Qualification
At the start of each competition your team must put all players names and signatures on the Team Registration Sheet and return to the front desk. Then, each week only players that are taking the court must either print & sign their names on the scoresheet or print & sign their names on the sign on sheets at the front counter. If players are not marked off as playing, they will not be eligible to compete in finals. To be eligible to play in finals, a player must have played at least (5) games during that season and have paid the registration and insurance fees. We strongly advise all teams to qualify extra players for finals, in case of injury or team members that may be away while finals are on. We do not allow unqualified players on the court in finals.
Unregistered players or ring-ins may play throughout the season without penalty but they must be signed onto scoresheets or sign on sheets when they play. Once they have played 2 games they must pay the registration fee to take part in any further games.
For Insurance reasons Player Registrations are not transferable.
Sportsworld Indoor Sports holds the right to ban without warning, any player(s) or team(s) from participating in competitions organised by us.
We Hold the right to ban player (s) or team (s) for:
- Foul and abusive language directed at umpires, staff members, other player's or spectators.
- Rough and / or dangerous play on the playing field.
- Striking another player, spectator, umpire or staff member.
- Fighting - either on or off playing area.
- Forfeiting (2) games during a season.
- Player registration fees overdue by more than (14) days.
- Game Fees overdue by more than (7) days, either part or in full.
- Dangerous and or unsportsmanlike play towards others on the playing field.
- Damage or destruction caused to any equipment or property owned by Sportsworld.
- Refusing to adhere to umpires rulings on the court.
The umpires decision is final. They may penalise the disputing team or player with whatever is considered appropriate under the rules of that game.
- The umpire has the right to warn against harassment from off the court - Being either from player's or spectators. The offending team will be penalised and player's or spectators can be asked to leave the premises.
- No Refunds will be given to player's that have paid registration fees and are banned from the centre, or themselves choose not to complete the season.
- No Refunds will be given for games that have been played or payments that have been paid prior to a team or player's dismissal from a competition.
- We do allow junior players to compete in senior competitions, but it must be firstly approved by centre staff before they take the court.
- Any Banned or Suspended player may not enter the premises for the duration of their suspension.
We hope you enjoy playing at Sportsworld and we wish you good luck in your competition.